DirectPost / Ping-Post Lead Submission
Ping/Post vs. DirectPost
Ping-Post is a two transaction process ("Ping" and "Post") representing a bid and sale respectively, while DirectPost is a single transaction representing a direct sale without an intermediate bid.
- Request - must contain all of the lead data minus the contact information
- Response - contains a bid for the lead (not a financial commitment) and also an id that will need to be sent on the subsequent post transaction
- Request - requires all of the lead data including the contact information
- Response - If the lead is accepted, the post response contains the amount paid for the lead and will be the same as the bid amount.
- Direct Post
- Request - requires all of the lead data including the contact information (structurally identical to a post)
- Response - If the lead is accepted, the direct post response contains the amount paid for the lead.
Please refer to the relevant document for specific field definitions, requirements and valid values.
XSD - Schema Definition
Leads sent into the platform are validated against the following schemas:
For all requests, sending leads to Moss Exchange requires an affiliate ID and password embedded into the request xml. Please obtain these from your account manager.
Calling the Test Service
Submit test leads through secure HTTP POST to the following staging URL:
The following parameters are required.
- ProductType - (auto, home, or health)
- RequestType - (ping, post or directpost)
- LeadData - (Your lead XML - for best results make it a form parameter not querystring)
- PingResponseID - (Required only if RequestType=post)
The following files contain valid sample xml for your reference:
Once your XML validates, please submit 5 test leads for review. Be sure to send varied data including multiple vehicles, drivers and incidents. Notify your account manager when test leads are ready for review.
Your account manager will notify you when you have been switched to the production environment, please do not begin sending live leads until then. Once you receive the green light to go live, notify your account manager when you actually begin to send live leads so we can ensure we are receiving and processing them correctly.